Painted Labyrinth : The World of the Lindisfarne Gospels Paperback / softback
Published to coincide with a British Library exhibition of the same name, "Painted Labyrinth: The World of the Lindisfarne Gospels" looks at the background and history of this breathtaking artwork and symbol of Christian faith.
Both illustrated and readable, the book is divided into short sections, each examining an aspect of the Anglo-Saxon world, the heritage of the people who lived and ruled at this time, and how and why this great book was created.
There is a list of suggested further reading, and a complete list of artefacts and manuscripts in the accompanying exhibition.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 48 pages, 60 colour illustrations
- Publisher: British Library Publishing
- Publication Date: 15/05/2003
- Category: Byzantine & Medieval art c 500 CE to c 1400
- ISBN: 9780712348119