There Is No Planet B : A Handbook for the Make or Break Years - Updated Edition Paperback / softback
Paperback / softback
Feeding the world, climate change, biodiversity, antibiotics, plastics, pandemics - the list of concerns seems endless.
But what is most pressing, and what should we do first?
Do we all need to become vegetarian? How can we fly in a low-carbon world? How can we take control of technology? And, given the global nature of the challenges we now face, what on Earth can any of us do, as individuals?
Mike Berners-Lee has crunched the numbers and plotted a course of action that is full of hope, practical, and enjoyable.
This is the big-picture perspective on the environmental and economic challenges of our day, laid out in one place, and traced through to the underlying roots - questions of how we live and think.
This updated edition has new material on protests, pandemics, wildfires, investments, carbon targets and of course, on the key question: given all this, what can I do?
In Stock - usually despatched within 48 hours
- Format:Paperback / softback
- Pages:336 pages, Worked examples or Exercises
- Publisher:Cambridge University Press
- Publication Date:21/01/2021
- Food & society
- Social issues & processes
- Popular science
- Environmentalist, conservationist & Green organi..
- Global warming
- Social impact of environmental issues
- Alternative & renewable energy sources & technol..
- Environmental monitoring
- Social issues: environment & green issues (Child..