Educational and Psychological Research : A Cross-Section of Journal Articles for Analysis and Evaluation Paperback / softback
* This edition of our popular reader is entirely updated with timely articles that deal with broad issues in education and psychology. (For a research reader with emphasis on classroom issues, see A Cross Section of Educational Research.) * This collection shows students the many inherent weaknesses of empirical methods as well as models of excellence.
Unlike research readers that contain made-up articles, this one has both face validity and content validity.
Your students will appreciate reading real articles with real results. * The 34 research articles illustrate: *qualitative research*combined qualitative/quantitative research*content/documentary analysis*correlational research*test validity and reliability research*causal-comparative research*true experimental research*quasi-experimental research*pre-experimental research*program evaluation*meta-analysis* The lines are numbered sequentially, making it easy to refer to specific parts of each article during classroom discussions. * This single source of research articles is convenient for you and your students. * Easy to coordinate with any research methods text, this reader is an ideal way to make research methods come alive!
Field-tested for student interest and comprehension. * All major methods of research are illustrated with real research articles drawn from a wide variety of journals. (See Table of Contents.) * Your students will become familiar with a wide variety of writing and organizational styles that real researchers use.
Despite their variety, all articles in this book are highly comprehensible. * Factual Questions at the end of each article encourage students to read for mythological points they might otherwise overlook. * Questions for Discussion encourage students to address broad issues of research design.
An instructor's answer key will be shipped with your examination copy. * The interesting research topics will make your students look forward to doing their research reading homework.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 224 pages
- Publisher: Pyrczak Publishing
- Publication Date: 01/06/1991
- Category: Psychological methodology
- ISBN: 9780962374425
- EPUB from £21.29
- PDF from £21.29
- Paperback / softback from £22.19