Mei Lanfang and the Twentieth-Century International Stage : Chinese Theatre Placed and Displaced Hardback
by Min Tian
Part of the Palgrave Studies in Theatre and Performance History series
The first book-length study in any language of the presence and influence of Mei Lanfang, the internationally known Chinese actor who specialized in female roles on the twentieth-century international stage.
Tian investigates Mei Lanfang's presence and influence and the transnational and intercultural appropriations of his art.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 308 pages, 10 Illustrations, black and white; XI, 308 p. 10 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 15/12/2011
- Category: Individual actors & directors
- ISBN: 9780230112445
- Paperback / softback from £56.15