Renaissance Impostors and Proofs of Identity Hardback
Early Modern Europe was teeming with impostors. Identity theft was only one form of misrepresentation: royal pretenders, envoys from imaginary lands, religious dissimulators, cross-dressers, false Gypsies - all these caused deep anxiety, leading authorities to invent increasingly sophisticated means for unmasking deception.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 291 pages, VIII, 291 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 24/10/2012
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9780230547063
- Paperback / softback from £61.69