The Democracy Advantage : How Democracies Promote Prosperity and Peace Paperback / softback
Reviewing 40 years of hard, empirical data, from China and India to Chile and Iraq, the authors show that poor democracies beat poor autocracies in every economic measure.
In addition, the authors offer dramatic evidence that democracies are less likely to fight each other and that terrorists more often find safe haven in authoritarian countries such as Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 312 pages, 25 Halftones, black and white; 22 Tables, black and white; 25 Illustrations, black and wh
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 09/12/2009
- Category: Politics & government
- ISBN: 9780415990653
- Hardback from £35.49
- EPUB from £31.49
- PDF from £31.49