Women in the Military Orders of the Crusades Hardback
Part of the The New Middle Ages series
This study of the female members of the Order or Hospital of Saint John of Jerusalem in the High Middle Ages analyses their presence in the context of female monasticism and compares their position to the position of women in other religious military orders.
Introducing questions of gender into the history of the military orders.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 251 pages, XXI, 251 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 26/07/2012
- Category: Medieval history
- ISBN: 9780230114135
- Paperback / softback from £57.45