Masculinities, Care and Equality : Identity and Nurture in Men's Lives Hardback
by N. Hanlon
Part of the Genders and Sexualities in the Social Sciences series
This book explores men's ambiguous relationship with intimate caring work within a context where carefree and nurturing expectations for men are competing for influence.
For men, to be more involved carers clashes with commonly valued expectations of them as men and this book analyses how men confront this contradictory expectation.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 271 pages, XI, 271 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 31/07/2012
- Category: Gender studies: men
- ISBN: 9780230300217
- PDF from £59.50
- Paperback / softback from £52.89