Ndebele : The Art of an African Tribe Paperback / softback
For generations, the women of the Ndebele of Southern Africa have produced an art of remarkable richness and vitality.
In their ceremonial beadwork and in large murals that cover the exterior walls of their mud dwellings, the Ndebele women have created designs that are both ancient and modern in their simplicity, bright colours and bold, abstract patterns. For the first time, these works have been captured in photographs that show the full range of their amazing skill and invention.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 204 pages, 188 Illustrations, color
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
- Publication Date: 03/01/2002
- Category: Art of indigenous peoples
- ISBN: 9780500283875