The Peripheral Child in Nineteenth Century Literature and its Criticism Hardback
by Neil Cocks
Established accounts of the child in nineteenth century literature tend to focus on those who occupy a central position within narratives.
This book is concerned with children who are not so easily recognized or remembered, the peripheral or overlooked children to be read in works by Dickens, Bronte, Austen and Rossetti.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 215 pages, IX, 215 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 29/09/2014
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9781137452443
- Paperback / softback from £45.85