Handbook of Traumatic Loss : A Guide to Theory and Practice Paperback / softback
Edited by Neil Thompson, Gerry R. Cox, Robert G. Stevenson
The Handbook of Traumatic Loss adopts a broad, holistic approach that recognizes traumatic loss much more fully as a multidimensional human phenomenon, not simply a medical condition.
Initial chapters build a foundation for understanding traumatic loss and explore the many ways we respond to trauma.
Later chapters counterbalance the individualistic focus of dominant approaches to traumatic loss by highlighting a number of thought-provoking social dimensions of traumatic loss.
Each chapter emphasizes different aspects of traumatic loss and argues for ways in which clinicians can help deal with its many and varied impacts.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 402 pages, 1 Line drawings, black and white; 14 Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 19/01/2017
- Category: Personal & public health
- ISBN: 9781138182332