American Playwriting and the Anti-Political Prejudice : Twentieth- and Twenty-First-Century Perspectives Hardback
Part of the Palgrave Studies in Theatre and Performance History series
Twenty years after Tony Kushner's influential Angels in America seemed to declare a revitalized potency for the popular political play, there is a "No Politics" prejudice undermining US production and writing.
This book explores the largely unrecognized cultural patterns that discourage political playwriting on the contemporary American stage.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 193 pages, IX, 193 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 06/11/2014
- Category: Literary studies: from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9781137437051
- Paperback / softback from £53.19