Barbarian Memory: The Legacy of Early Medieval History in Early Modern Literature Hardback
An investigation of the use of Late Antique European history by late medieval and Renaissance writers such as Chaucer, Shakespeare, Davenant, Trissino, and Corneille.
The liminality of the late antique period and the issues of ethnicity and religion it raises makes it very different from that of the classical world in analogous writers.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 131 pages, 1 Illustrations, black and white; VI, 131 p. 1 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 23/10/2013
- Category: Literary studies: classical, early & medieval
- ISBN: 9781137364555
- Paperback / softback from £41.45