The Art of the Novel Paperback / softback
Edited by Nicholas Royle
Part of the Salt Guides for Readers and Writers series
How do you write a novel?
Practising novelists and teachers of creative writing reveal their working methods and offer practical advice. Subjects covered range from magic realism to characterisation, surrealism to historical fiction, via perspective, plot twists and avoiding being boring, among many others.
This book is for
• creative writing students
• writers and readers of novels
• teachers of creative writing
With contributions from Leone Ross, Tom Bromley, Jenn Ashworth, AJ Dalton, Nikesh Shukla, Stella Duffy, Mark Morris, Alison Moore, Nicholas Royle, Alice Thompson, Kerry Hudson, Toby Litt, Livi Michael, Joe Stretch, James Miller, Sarah Butler, Will Wiles, Graeme Shimmin.
• Eighteen specially commissioned essays
• Creative writing exercises
• Top tips
• Lists of recommended novels
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 176 pages, No
- Publisher: Salt Publishing
- Publication Date: 22/04/2015
- Category: Creative writing & creative writing guides
- ISBN: 9781907773655