For over a hundred years people had searched for the Roman amphitheatre of London.
In 1988, during a dig at the City's medieval Guildhall, the astonishing discovery was made.
The curving stone walls of the arena and timber beams for the seating tiers confirmed that the gladiators' place of spectacle - lost for over 1500 years - had finally been found.
This popular book about London's Roman amphitheatre is now available in a new updated edition.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 52 pages, col illus
- Publisher: Museum of London Archaeology
- Publication Date: 15/08/2011
- Category: Classical Greek & Roman archaeology
- ISBN: 9781907586064
- Hardback from £24.45