Mass Observation and Everyday Life : Culture, History, Theory Paperback / softback
by Nick Hubble
The social-research organization Mass-Observation was founded in 1937.
In this book, the true extent and significance of Mass-Observation's unique role in the formation of postwar Britain's idea of itself through the examination of everyday life across the long twentieth century.
An excellent guide to Mass-Observation and the period generally, this scholarly work also provides surprising insights into the role social research has played in the development of policy and mass democracy.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 277 pages, XI, 277 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 01/11/2005
- Category: Popular culture
- ISBN: 9780230247888
- Paperback / softback from £42.69
- Hardback from £60.65