Prison Shakespeare and the Purpose of Performance: Repentance Rituals and the Early Modern Hardback
by Niels Herold
Over the last decade a number of prison theatre programs have developed to rehabilitate inmates by having them perform Shakespearean adaptations.
This book focuses on how prison theatre today reveals certain elements of the early modern theatre that were themselves responses to cataclysmic changes in theological doctrine and religious practice.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 142 pages, 8 Illustrations, black and white; XII, 142 p. 8 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 14/10/2014
- Category: Theatre direction & production
- ISBN: 9781137433954
- Paperback / softback from £30.69