Masterpieces of Ancient Egypt Paperback / softback
Masterpieces of Ancient Egypt is the first illustrated guide to the highlights of the British Museum's wonderful collection.
It features over 180 of the most stunning and important Egyptian and Sudanese artefacts in the Museum, including not only internationally famous items such as the Rosetta Stone, but also a wealth of lesser-known but equally significant or beautiful pieces.
The objects are arranged in chronological order, beginning with the earliest predynastic pots and figurines, and continuing through the three thousand year rule of the Pharaohs, right up to Roman Egypt and the Coptic Christian period.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 352 pages, With over 200 colour illustrations
- Publisher: British Museum Press
- Publication Date: 06/08/2012
- Category: Ancient & classical art,BCE to c 500 CE
- ISBN: 9780714119779