Jean Paul Sartre is still widely regarded as FranceEs most famous and influential philosopher.
Yet, to many, his work has been superseded by the work of subsequent poststructuralist and postmodernist philosophers such as Michel Foucault, Jacques Derrida, Jean Baudrillard and Gilles Deleuze.
The New Sartre presents a radical reassessment of SartreEs work, the first systematic study of SartreEs relationship to postmodernism.This fundamental revaluation of one of the central figures of 20th Century thought highlights the critical value and enduring relevance of SartreEs work to our postmodern times.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 206 pages, black & white illustrations
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 20/02/2003
- Category: Western philosophy, from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9780826461841
- Paperback / softback from £17.29