Heath, Nixon and the Rebirth of the Special Relationship : Britain, the US and the EC, 1969-74 Hardback
Part of the Global Conflict and Security since 1945 series
This book reveals that 1969-74 was a crucial period for the special relationship.
The Heath Government attempted to reverse Britain's decline as a great power by forging an American-European special relationship out of the Anglo-American relationship.
Simultaneously the Nixon Administration tried to recoup the global position of the United States.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 293 pages, XIII, 293 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 19/11/2009
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9780230577251
- PDF from £63.33
- Paperback / softback from £57.39