The [European] Other in Medieval Arabic Literature and Culture : Ninth-Twelfth Century AD Hardback
Part of the The New Middle Ages series
Contrary to the monolithic impression left by postcolonial theories of Orientalism, the book makes the case that Orientals did not exist solely to be gazed at.
Hermes shows that there was no shortage of medieval Muslims who cast curious eyes towards the European Other and that more than a handful of them were interested in Europe.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 241 pages, XVII, 241 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 27/03/2012
- Category: Literary studies: classical, early & medieval
- ISBN: 9780230109407
- Paperback / softback from £61.69