Romantic Hellenism and Women Writers Hardback
by Noah Comet
Part of the Palgrave Studies in the Enlightenment, Romanticism and Cultures of Print series
Examining popular contexts of Greek revivalism associated with women, Comet challenges the masculine narrative of English Classicism by demonstrating that it thrived in non-male spaces, as an ephemeral ideal that betrayed a distrust of democratic rhetoric that ignored the social inequities of the classical world.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 167 pages, XI, 167 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 30/01/2013
- Category: Literary studies: c 1800 to c 1900
- ISBN: 9781137304971
- Paperback / softback from £45.85