Egyptian Colloquial Poetry in the Modern Arabic Canon : New Readings of Shi`r al-`?mmiyya Hardback
by NOHA RADWAN
Part of the Literatures and Cultures of the Islamic World series
Noha Radwan offers the first book-length study of the emergence, context, and development of modern Egyptian colloquial poetry, recently used as a vehicle for communications in the revolutionary youth movement in Egypt on January 25th 2011, and situates it among modernist Arab poetry.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 240 pages, XII, 240 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 29/02/2012
- Category: Literary studies: poetry & poets
- ISBN: 9780230341326
- Paperback / softback from £61.69