Weimar Film and Modern Jewish Identity Hardback
Part of the Studies in European Culture and History series
In reading popular films of the Weimar Republic as candid commentaries on Jewish acculturation, Ofer Ashkenzi provides an alternative context for a re-evaluation of the infamous 'German-Jewish symbiosis' before the rise of Nazism, as well as a new framework for the understanding of the German 'national' film in the years leading to Hitler's regime.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 234 pages, 6 Illustrations, black and white; XVI, 234 p. 6 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 27/03/2012
- Category: Film theory & criticism
- ISBN: 9780230341364
- Paperback / softback from £56.65