Randomized Algorithms in Automatic Control and Data Mining Hardback
Part of the Intelligent Systems Reference Library series
In the fields of data mining and control, the huge amount of unstructured data and the presence of uncertainty in system descriptions have always been critical issues.
The book Randomized Algorithms in Automatic Control and Data Mining introduces the readers to the fundamentals of randomized algorithm applications in data mining (especially clustering) and in automatic control synthesis.
The methods proposed in this book guarantee that the computational complexity of classical algorithms and the conservativeness of standard robust control techniques will be reduced.
It is shown that when a problem requires "brute force" in selecting among options, algorithms based on random selection of alternatives offer good results with certain probability for a restricted time and significantly reduce the volume of operations.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 251 pages, 19 Illustrations, color; 80 Illustrations, black and white; XXIV, 251 p. 99 illus., 19 il
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Publication Date: 15/07/2014
- Category: Automatic control engineering
- ISBN: 9783642547850
- Paperback / softback from £73.55
- PDF from £76.08