The Grotesque in Contemporary Anglophone Drama Hardback
by Ondrej Pilny
Grotesque features have been among the chief characteristics of drama in English since the 1990s.
This new book examines the varieties of the grotesque in the work of some of the most original playwrights of the last three decades (including Enda Walsh, Philip Ridley, Tim Crouch and Suzan-Lori Parks), focusing in particular on ethical and political issues that arise from the use of the grotesque.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 178 pages, VII, 178 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 29/06/2016
- Category: Literary studies: from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9781137513175
- PDF from £46.75
- Paperback / softback from £55.35