Oxford Basic American Dictionary for learners of English : A dictionary for English language learners (ELLs) with CD-ROM that builds content-area and academic vocabulary Mixed media product
Oxford Basic American Dictionary helps elementary and low-intermediate learners make the transition from picture to text dictionaries with simple definitions, examples and 500 colour illustrations.
It includes 27,000 words, phrases, and meanings using a defining vocabulary of just 2,000 words.
It marks the Academic Word List words and the 2,000 most important words to know in English.
Note boxes give extra help with grammar, pronunciation, spelling, and word building.
The CD-ROM includes the full dictionary, a picture dictionary, spoken words and sentences, and a Topic Dictionary.
- Format: Mixed media product
- Pages: 519 pages, Maps; Line drawings, color; Line drawings, black and white; Illustrations, color; Illustr
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Publication Date: 25/11/2010
- Category: ELT dictionaries & reference
- ISBN: 9780194399692