Doubling, Distance and Identification in the Cinema Hardback
by P. Coates
This book argues theoretically for, and exemplify through critical and historical analysis, the interrelatedness of discourses on scale, distance, identification and doubling in the cinema.
It contains analyses of a wide variety of films, including Citizen Kane, The Double Life of Veronique, The Great Gatsby, Gilda, Vertigo and Wings of Desire.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 217 pages, IX, 217 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 23/01/2015
- Category: Film theory & criticism
- ISBN: 9781137396709
- PDF from £53.54
- Paperback / softback from £49.85