Scientific Enquiry and Natural Kinds : from Planets to Mallards Hardback
by P. D. Magnus
Part of the New Directions in the Philosophy of Science series
Some scientific categories seem to correspond to genuine features of the world and are indispensable for successful science in some domain; in short, they are natural kinds.
This book gives a general account of what it is to be a natural kind and puts the account to work illuminating numerous specific examples.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 210 pages, XII, 210 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 15/10/2012
- Category: Philosophy: epistemology & theory of knowledge
- ISBN: 9780230369177
- Paperback / softback from £50.59