Bad History and the Logics of Blockbuster Cinema : Titanic, Gangs of New York, Australia, Inglourious Basterds Hardback
by P. McGee
McGee studies historical representation in commodified, popular cinema as expressions of historical truths that more authentic histories usually miss and argues for the political and social significance of mass culture through the interpretation of four recent big-budget movies: Titanic, Gangs of New York, Australia, and Inglourious Basterds .
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 209 pages, VII, 209 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 15/12/2011
- Category: Film theory & criticism
- ISBN: 9780230116511
- PDF from £67.58
- Paperback / softback from £52.99