The Haptic Aesthetic in Samuel Beckett's Drama Hardback
by P. McTighe
Part of the New Interpretations of Beckett in the Twenty-First Century series
Samuel Beckett's work is deeply concerned with physical contact - remembered, half-remembered, or imagined.
Applying the philosophical writings of Jean-Luc Nancy and Maurice Merleau-Ponty that feature sensation, this study examines how Beckett's later work dramatizes moments of contact between self and self, self and world, and self and other.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 196 pages, IX, 196 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 17/06/2013
- Category: Literary studies: from c 1900 -
- ISBN: 9781137276988
- PDF from £55.24
- Paperback / softback from £57.45