Science for the Nation : Perspectives on the History of the Science Museum Paperback / softback
Edited by P. Morris
An engaging study of a great national institution. Essays explore the changing roles of museums and the perceived public role of a museum of science and technology.
Illuminates the ways in which we think about the collecting and display of objects and the often difficult relations between the state, business and industry, and museum funding.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 350 pages, 59 Illustrations, black and white; XXI, 350 p. 59 illus.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 14/04/2010
- Category: Museums & museology
- ISBN: 9781137349323