Making Democratic Citizens in Spain : Civil Society and the Popular Origins of the Transition, 1960-78 Hardback
by P. Radcliff
A fascinating study of the contribution of ordinary men and women to Spain's democratic transition of the 1970s.
Radcliff argues that participants in neighbourhood and other associations experimented with new practices of civic participation that put pressure on the authoritarian state and made the building blocks of a future democratic citizenship
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 416 pages, XVIII, 416 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 23/03/2011
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9780230241053
- PDF from £55.24
- Paperback / softback from £57.45