Literature and Politics in the 1620s : 'Whisper'd Counsells' Hardback
by P. Salzman
Literature and Politics in the 1620s argues that literature during this decade was inextricably linked to politics, whether oppositional or authoritarian.
A wide range of texts are analyzed, from Shakespeare's First Folio to Middleton's A Game At Chess, from romances and poetry to sermons, tracts and newsbooks.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 232 pages, X, 232 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 20/08/2014
- Category: Literary studies: c 1500 to c 1800
- ISBN: 9781137305978
- Paperback / softback from £45.85