Problem-Solving Methods in Combinatorics : An Approach to Olympiad Problems Paperback / softback
Every year there is at least one combinatorics problem in each of the major international mathematical olympiads.
These problems can only be solved with a very high level of wit and creativity.
This book explains all the problem-solving techniques necessary to tackle these problems, with clear examples from recent contests. It also includes a large problem section for each topic, including hints and full solutions so that the reader can practice the material covered in the book. The material will be useful not only to participants in the olympiads and their coaches but also in university courses on combinatorics.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 174 pages, 10 Illustrations, color; 55 Illustrations, black and white; IX, 174 p. 65 illus., 10 illu
- Publisher: Springer Basel
- Publication Date: 21/03/2013
- Category: Combinatorics & graph theory
- ISBN: 9783034805964
- PDF from £42.49