Lise Meitner and the Dawn of the Nuclear Age Paperback / softback
In this fascinating biography, Patricia Rife interprets both the life and times of Lise Meitner (1878-1968), providing a rich background of the scientific discoveries and social milieu that affected the research, events, personalities, and politics of 20th century quantum physics.
Rife asks the central question of why, given the priority evidence of Meitner's role in the interpretation of nuclear fission, was she too not awarded the Nobel Prize?
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 432 pages, 35 Illustrations, black and white; XVIII, 432 p. 35 illus.
- Publisher: Birkhauser Boston Inc
- Publication Date: 30/11/2006
- Category: History of science
- ISBN: 9780817645595