Corporate Islam : Sharia and the Modern Workplace Paperback / softback
Compelling and original, this book offers a unique insight into the modern Islamic corporation, revealing how power, relationships, individual identities, gender roles, and practices - and often massive financial resources - are mobilized on behalf of Islam.
Focusing on Muslims in Malaysia, Patricia Sloane-White argues that sharia principles in the region's Islamic economy produce a version of Islam that is increasingly conservative, financially and fiscally powerful, and committed to social control over Muslim and non-Muslim public and private lives.
Packed with fascinating details, the book is essential reading for anyone with an interest in Islamic politics and culture in modern life.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 248 pages, Worked examples or Exercises; 2 Line drawings, black and white
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Publication Date: 22/11/2018
- Category: Islamic studies
- ISBN: 9781316635452