Cambridge Companions to Philosophy : The Cambridge Companion to Rousseau Paperback / softback
Universally regarded as the greatest French political theorist and philosopher of education of the Enlightenment, and probably the greatest French social theorist tout court, Rousseau was an important forerunner of the French Revolution, though his thought was too nuanced and subtle ever to serve as mere ideology.
This 2001 volume systematically surveys the full range of Rousseau's activities in politics and education, psychology, anthropology, religion, music and theater.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 466 pages, Worked examples or Exercises
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Publication Date: 27/08/2001
- Category: History of Western philosophy
- ISBN: 9780521576154