Depression Paperback / softback
This is a book for everyone who gets depressed and for those who have to live or work with people who suffer from depression.
The author pinpoints three main roots of psychologically caused depression - self-blame (harsh criticism of one's own behaviour which leads to excessive guilt); self-pity (feeling sorry for oneself when the world's treatment is unfair); and "other-pity" (associating too strongly with the under-dog in other people).
Case histories from the author's own practice illustrate these points, showing that many people have been taught to be neurotic and can be trained not to be.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 112 pages, Illustrations
- Publisher: John Murray Press
- Publication Date: 01/03/1979
- Category: Coping with illness
- ISBN: 9780859691680
- Paperback / softback from £10.99