The Portsmouth Dockyard Story : From 1212 to the Present Day Paperback / softback
by Paul Brown
From muddy creek to naval-industrial powerhouse; from constructing wooden walls to building Dreadnoughts; from maintaining King John's galleys to servicing the enormous new Queen Elizabeth-class aircraft carriers: this is the story of Portsmouth Dockyard. Respected maritime historian Paul Brown's unique 800-year history of what was once the largest industrial organisation in the world is a combination of extensive original research and stunning images.
The most comprehensive history of the dockyard to date, it is sure to become the definitive work on this important heritage site and modern naval base.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 204 pages, 16 Plates, color; 30 Illustrations, color; 130 Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: The History Press Ltd
- Publication Date: 24/09/2018
- Category: Ships & shipping: general interest
- ISBN: 9780750986021