Dudley was connected by tram to various parts of the Black Country, first by steam trams and then by electric ones.
This book takes a route-by-route look at the development, operation and run-down of the tramway system which once linked Dudley to Brierley Hill, Stourbridge, Netherton, Cradley Heath, Pensnett, Kingswinford, Wordsley, Kinver, Lye, Wollaston, Old Hill and Blackheath. After charting each line's history, the book recreates a ride along them using a plethora of historic photographs, many of which have not been published before, highlighting the many features and objects from the tramway that survive along the way.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 144 pages, 180 Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: The History Press Ltd
- Publication Date: 08/07/2013
- Category: Buses, trams & commercial vehicles: general interest
- ISBN: 9780752493169