Time Machines : Time Travel in Physics, Metaphysics, and Science Fiction Hardback
This book explores the idea of time travel from the first account in English literature to the latest theories of physicists such as Kip Thorne and Igor Novikov.
This very readable work covers a variety of topics including: the history of time travel in fiction; the fundamental scientific concepts of time, spacetime, and the fourth dimension; the speculations of Einstein, Richard Feynman, Kurt Goedel, and others; time travel paradoxes, and much more.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 628 pages, XXXIV, 628 p.
- Publisher: Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Publication Date: 20/04/2001
- Category: Literary studies: general
- ISBN: 9780387985718
- Paperback / softback from £37.35