Appalachian Scrapbook : An A-B-C of Growing Up in the Mountains Paperback / softback
Published in 1988, this children's scrapbook is based on an oral history project conducted by Pauline Cheek.
Cheek based her fictional characters, Mrs. Gwen Carter, Eugene, Emma, and Ellie, on her own adventures and those of her three children, Edith, Edwin, and Elizabeth.
The scrapbook narrates the culture and heritage of the Southern Highlands and has been a great addition to classrooms since its publication.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 166 pages, 165 drawings, 1 map
- Publisher: The University of North Carolina Press
- Publication Date: 30/07/2017
- Category: People & places (Children's/YA)
- ISBN: 9781469636658