Cold War Rivalry and the Perception of the American West Hardback
by Pawel Goral
Part of the Palgrave Macmillan Transnational History Series series
This book demonstrates how the two adversaries of the Cold War, West Germany and East Germany, endeavored to create two distinct and unique German identities.
In their endeavor to claim legitimacy, the German cinematic representation of the American West became an important cultural weapon of mass dissemination during the Cold War.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 185 pages, XI, 185 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 07/03/2014
- Category: Postwar 20th century history, from c 1945 to c 2000
- ISBN: 9781137364296
- Paperback / softback from £41.05