A Social and Economic Theory of Consumption Hardback
Edited by Kaj Ilmonen
Kaj Ilmonen was a pioneer in the third wave of the sociology of consumption.
This book provides a balanced overview of the sociology of consumption, arguing that the enthusiasm of 'the third wave' exaggerated the role of the symbolic and imaginary at the expense of the materiality of human societies.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 237 pages, X, 237 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 08/12/2010
- Category: Material culture
- ISBN: 9780230244108
- Paperback / softback from £54.55