This unique book captures D-Day on land, sea and air with the use of previously unpublished letters, diaries, photographs and reminiscences from the veterans from Britain, America, Germany and Canada.
Appropriately the RAF and Merchant Navy's experience plus the reactions of women Oin the know' are all included providing a treasure-trove of evidence on the 60th Anniversary. The reader will share each stage of the day from the experience of Paratroops and Glider-borne troops to crossing the channel by sea and the landings on each beach.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 256 pages, colour illustrations
- Publisher: Pen & Sword Books Ltd
- Publication Date: 16/01/2004
- Category: European history
- ISBN: 9781844150793