Doing Pragmatics Paperback / softback
Doing Pragmatics is a popular reader-friendly introduction to pragmatics.
Embracing the comprehensive and engaging style which characterized the previous editions, this fourth edition has been fully revised.
Doing Pragmatics extends beyond theory to promote an applied understanding of empirical data and provides students with the opportunity to 'do' pragmatics themselves. A distinctive feature of this textbook is that virtually all the examples are taken from real world uses of language which reflect the emergent nature of communicative interaction.
Peter Grundy consolidates the strengths of the original version, reinforcing its unique combination of theory and practice with new theory, exercises and up-to-date real data and examples. This book provides the ideal foundation for all those studying pragmatics within English language, linguistics and ELT/ TESOL.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 288 pages, 4 Line drawings, black and white; 5 Halftones, black and white; 3 Tables, black and white
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 11/12/2019
- Category: Language: history & general works
- ISBN: 9781138549487