Heart of the City : Roman, Medieval and Modern London Revealed by Archaeology at 1 Poultry Paperback / softback
Excavations at 1 Poultry, in advance of building development, `tells the story of London - from Roman frontier town to provincial capital; ruin then revival as medieval Europe's largest city; recovery from fire and plague to become the world's richest metropolis; the Blitz, and the famously disputed demolition of 16 Victorian buildings'.
The story of the excavation and the information it revealed about the history of London are told through a montage of text and a large number of illustrations.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 92 pages, many col pls and figs
- Publisher: Museum of London Archaeology
- Publication Date: 01/12/2001
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9781901992144