The Victorian Church in Decline : Archbishop Tait and the Church of England 1868-1882 Hardback
Part of the Routledge Library Editions: The Victorian World series
First published in 1969, this book studies the years of decline in the Victorian Church between 1868 and 1882.
It centres on the Archbishop Tait, who was paradoxically the most powerful Archbishop of Canterbury since the seventeenth century, and follows the policies he pursued, the high church opposition it provoked and the involvement of Parliament. This book will be of interest to students of history and religion of the Victorian era.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 350 pages, 1 Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 06/06/2016
- Category: British & Irish history
- ISBN: 9781138655898
- Paperback / softback from £26.65
- EPUB from £27.77
- PDF from £27.77