In the 1970s it seemed infectious diseases had been conquered, but today global epidemics seem to pose a new, more sinister, threat.
This fascinating study explores these new infectious diseases, such as Swine Flu, SARS and AIDS, and the re-emergence of old threats, and discusses their role in society.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 191 pages, XIV, 191 p.
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication Date: 07/05/2010
- Category: Epidemiology & medical statistics
- ISBN: 9780230221321
- Paperback / softback from £45.05